Please check back for future events. Thank you.
Canada and ASEAN:
Trade Diversification in the Indo-Pacific
This seminar focuses on the need for Canada, and Ontario in particular, to diversify trade with Southeast Asian countries, many of whom have growing middle-class populations and a shared interest in ensuring free trade flows in the Indo-Pacific region.
This hybrid event will be held at the Ontario Investment and Trade Centre, with limited number of in-person guests. This event is part of the Canada, ASEAN and the Indo-Pacific speaker series.
Virtual Discussion on Canada’s 44th Parliament and Asia Policy
Opening remarks by The Honourable Victor Oh, Senator
Download PDF of presentation by Dr. Binh Lai, Diplomatic Academy of Vietnam here.
- The Honourable Victor Oh, Senator, Senate of Canada | Opening Remarks
- The Honourable Bryon Wilfert, Former Member of Parliament, Canada | Presentation: Canada’s 44th Election: Back to Square One
- Sophia Leong, Advisory Board Member, Canada-ASEAN Initiatives | Why Vietnam Matters to Canada
- Dr. Binh Lai, Deputy Director-General of the East Sea Institute, Diplomatic Academy of Vietnam | Canada and the South China Sea from a Vietnamese Perspective
- Luis Silva, Former School Trustee, Toronto | Canada’s Diaspora Policy and the Vietnamese Canadian Community
- Dr. Pham Quang Minh, Vice-President, Vietnam-Canada Friendship Association | Concluding Remarks
Bringing Together Government, Business and Education Sectors
July 29, 2021
3:00 – 4:00 pm ET
This webinar features speakers and guests from the government, education, and business sectors. Participants will gain a fuller picture of the Canada-ASEAN relationship in business and education, and learn more about ASEAN opportunities and how to promote stronger relations in the future.
For more information, please click here.
Centre for Southeast Asia Research, University of British Columbia webpage: https://csear.iar.ubc.ca/
Centre for Southeast Asian Studies, University of Toronto webpage: https://munkschool.utoronto.ca/cseas/
Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada website: https://www.asiapacific.ca/
Trade Facilitation Office website: www.tfocanada.ca